The Transformation Game®
What if a board-game could bring you much clarity and insight on an important issue? What if these could bring you to where you want to really go? Or resolve a long-standing challenge with ease and grace?That’s what The Transformation Game has done for many since the 1970s. And that’s what it could do for you.
We call it an applied self-awareness tool. And we highly recommend it for those in leadership. Self-awareness is the foundation of emotional intelligence and is critical for all leaders. Yet the higher you go, the fewer honest mirrors you have in life. People may tell you what they think you want to hear.
The game is a mirror of your life. It creates a safe space for reflection and self-honesty.
What’s the game about?
You bring a specific intention to the game, and you will discover insights about it as you play.
The game provides a playful way of understanding and gracefully transforming the way you play your life. It looks at the kinds of experiences you create, how you react to them, and how you might change your responses to realise your highest potential and achieve your purposes in life.
It is a powerful interactive tool, offering a stimulating, supportive and informative group setting in which openness, cooperation and sharing are encouraged.
It was originally developed by Joy Drake and Kathy Tyler in the 1970s in Scotland. Thousands have played it in its various forms.
What makes it special?
- It engages you as a whole person.
- It has an element of play yet enables you to gain deep insights.
- You’re actively engaged, throwing the die, moving pieces, reflecting, sharing and creating a follow-up action plan.
- You can bring your faith to it if you choose to.
- Accredited facilitators undergo intensive training for about 100 hours. Solo game facilitators undergo additional specialised training.
What is needed for the game to work well?
You would need to bring an intention to the game that you feel deeply about. This game works when you share openly and deeply. If privacy is important to you, the solo game would be best.
This is for you if you want to….
- Achieve a breakthrough on an important issue
- Uncover and allow new possibilities
- Handle transitions
- Use personal transformation to catalyse organisational transformation.
- Build authentic connection in a team (or with friends)
How do we deliver this?
- Solo games for personal and professional breakthroughs or insights. (Minimum three and a half hours, inclusive of short breaks.)
At the workplace, the most direct use would be for leaders to do solo games.
- Group games for two to four players.
For group games, it would only be useful in open work cultures where people are encouraged to bring their whole selves to work; where authenticity and vulnerability are encouraged. Where this is possible, powerful shifts could happen. (Outside of the work place, group games can be played by friends, family members and strangers who are happy with being open with each other).
If you would more like more information, or would like to play the game with friends, please get in touch.
Please note: The game is complete by itself. However if you want a richer experience of it, we invite you to do a strengths debrief with us first. Then we could be more supportive during the game with deeper awareness of you. Learn more about our work on strengths.